Melbourne, Australia, 1 October, 2009 — Space-Time Research expands its role as an enabler for Government 2.0 with the announcement of its ‘Open Data Initiative’ web site. The Open Data Initiative is a free online service for the creation and dissemination of data for public consumption — now any organisation can disseminate data to the public for free and participate in the Gov2.0 experience.
The Open Data Initiative enables users to discover and explore data in a rich, interactive, and intuitive application. Users can select and visualize any combination of data, and then export, print, link to, and/or share it in collaboration environments. These highly engaging data experiences make extinct the labor-intensive scanning of large documents of published tables and charts.
The Open Data Initiative is a Web 2.0 site hosted on the Google AppEngine Cloud, enabling providers of public data to create engaging, rich and collaborative web experiences built on top of Space-Time Research’s SuperVIEW product suite. This provides transparency, fast responsiveness and scalability with built-in redundancy to a global audience.
The Open Data Initiative:
- is cost and time efficient — reduces the workload on data analysts and researchers
- provides data that is complete — maximises the ability of the public to self-service data of personal interest; no compromises on providing just subsets of the data
- provides data as service — enables organisations to provide a new online data service to the public
- protects the relevance of an organisation’s brand — provides an engaging and rewarding experience for the public, which reinforces the relationship of trust they have in an organization
- delivers data integrity — gives organisations confidence that the public are seeing the right numbers, graphs, and maps, and reaching the correct interpretation and understanding behind those numbers.
- delivers data responsiveness — minimises the time between data collection and data dissemination to ensure maximum relevancy of the data to the audience
- creates communities of users — ensures the online experience can be captured and shared by the public in collaborative environments from Blogs to Twitter.
Organisations are invited to test drive a demonstration at www.opendatainitiative.com. They are also invited to participate and send Space-Time Research their data by following the instructions on Data Provider Instructions. Alternatively they can contact Space-Time Research for further information.
About Space-Time Research Pty. Ltd.
Space-Time Research enables data transparency for government and other data providers. SuperSTAR analytics and visualizations provide a rich data experience for the delivery of public intelligence and government 2.0.
Space-Time Research is the leader in web-based data dissemination combining microdata with confidentialization and field-level security for advanced privacy protection. Customers include many of the most advanced government census and statistics organizations including the US Bureau of Census and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
For more information about Space-Time Research, please visit www.spacetimeresearch.com